First of all: A 1978 Unimog is noisy, has no air conditioning and is not suitable for jetting across the African continent on a two-week holiday. If you are looking for the comfort of a modern car with MP3 and voice control for navigation in the dashboard, this is not the right place for you.
Driving the Unimog is a fascinating driving experience without comfort as we know it from a car. Loud, narrow, dusty. With a displacement of 5.6 liters, the diesel has a sound that we call “strong as a bear” rather than simply “loud”. We love the Unimog because it is an honest driving machine. Unimog is also a bit of a cult for off-road driving – like the Porsche 911 on the tared road. A real classic. That is why we also call traveling in the Unimog Vintage Travel.
Everything at a glance:
- 6 cylinders
- 5.6 liter diesel (Mercedes om352)
- Seating for 2 people + 2 auxilary seats in the camping cabin
- 460 mm ground clearance
- manual transmission 8 gears 4xLo 4xHi
- selectable all-wheel drive and differential locks
- Diesel tank: 120 liters + 3x 20 liter reserve canisters
- 60 liters of fresh water
- 3kg gas bottle
- camping equipment
- Bed 185 cm x 140 cm
- Mattress 12 cm quality high density foam
- Kitchenette inside
- Gas stove inside – 2 flames
- Gas stove outside – 1 flame
- Expedition-compatible fridge and freezer
- WC: Porta Poti
We want to reward you for enjoying the wilderness, camping, and spending a day in one place. Talk to us about discounts for long rental periods from 20 days with low mileage.
|ATM – Kleinunternehmen §19 EStG|
|Dr. Robert Mutschler|
Responsible person according to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV: Dr. Ing. Robert Mutschler